*Please note this ad is a repost
Key Ad Information
-State: North Carolina
-Asking Price: $7,500
-Contact Info: (336) 939-6737
Key Vehicle Data
-Model Year: 1985
-Engine: EJ22T 2.2L Turbo
-Mileage: Not Listed
More Info: Up for sale is a 1985 Subaru Brat project car + parts. I purchased this car just over a month ago from the original project owner. It is still bundled together in the same package as I purchased it. Why? See below. The previous owner spent over 2,000 hours restoring the car and getting it to where it is today. Much of this work was in getting the body straight & painted. I have a clean title in hand. Photos and documentation of the in depth restoration located here: http://imgur.com/a/X6smr
The BRAT has have several significant upgrades including:
• EJ22T 2.2L Turbocharged engine (Donor car: 1994 Subaru Legacy Touring wagon).
o This is one of the more rare engines Subaru made and is highly coveted. It is a fully closed deck with forged internals. This means it can handle high boost easily.
• The VF11 turbocharger was upgraded to a TD04 from a WRX with a matching top mount intercooler.
o A good power upgrade start for the engine. The Brat is only a 2,000Lb car so it is going to be very very quick.
• The transmission to the 5 speed manual transmission (5MT) from a 1998 Subaru outback sport, with matching rear differential. This makes the Brat AWD instead of FWD with 4×4 select.
• New clutch & friction plate
• The car has 2005 STI seats in brand new condition, custom fit into the Brat.
• It has a Nardi Torino Sti steering wheel.
• It sits on Peugeot 808 15×7″ alloy wheels.
• Brand new black Carpet
• Interior painted black on the lower half, grey door cards and upper half.
• Several **Rare parts**:
o Original jump seats in the back, (photo shown was before paint & body work)
o the dash is in perfect shape no cracks (also hard to find),
o 4×4 step side plates on BOTH sides
o Fun roof (T-tops)
• The car is painted LeMans Blue by BMW and is absolutely gorgeous.
o The exhaust setup is a 3″ divorced waste gate down pipe that feeds into a 2.5″ straight pipe to a magna flow slip on muffler that does basically nothing to quiet it down. The car is going to sound amazing.
• *The tall roll bar in the back does not come with the car.
Please take note, this is a PROJECT that has all the parts included and is about 85% finished. Remaining items include:
• Engine needs to be wired (Wiring harness included is trimmed and labeled)
• Transmission mounts need to be fabricated
• Axles hooked up
• Fuel pump hooked up (new one included)
• Driveline must be shortened
• Fitting the radiator & fans in
This car will be a very unique time attack car that will turn heads everywhere you go. It will be extremely quick with the included upgrades and will leave mustangs in the dust. The jumpseats in the back will add to the enjoyment of owning a very rare ride by bringing your friends along to watch the competition drop back over the horizon.
FAQ (I will add to this as I get questions)
Q: Why are you selling this project after just purchasing it one month ago.
A: I purchased two 85 BRATS this year. One is bone stock and a daily driver. This was going to be a track car. I realized I did not have the funds to keep them both. It was a difficult decision to let this one go but I can’t keep them both.
Q: How much will it cost to get this thing going?
A: If you are mechanically inclined, all the parts are there. It’s a simple matter of finishing the project.
Q: Is this a scam?
A: No. Serious buyers only please.
Q: Do you take trades?
Q: What is your preferred communication method?
A: Email is preferred.
Photos / Images